Services: Custom Landscape Photography And Hiking Tours (Now Booking For 2018): Capturing Colorado: Hiking And Photographing Lakes Of The San Juan Mountains
Grandeur, it’s not a word we use daily. In southwest Colorado amid endless mountains, it’s practically around every corner. In the summer months, these high places erupt into mind-blowing profusions of color, showcasing nature’s finest scenery. Rolling tundra, sparkling streams, fields of flowers and radiant lakes lie beneath towering peaks. Places so spectacular, you have to see for yourself to believe it. Now you can.
What better way to tour the San Juan Mountains than with someone who has spent years exploring, photographing and writing about them. Let author and photographer Michael Greene guide you on a ceaseless journey through the heart of Colorado's most spectacular range!
late June through mid-August
What We'll Focus On:
• Developing your own vision through abstract compositions
• Best techniques for capturing depth of field
• Using light to accentuate mood and drama in the forest
• Framing techniques used to achieve optimal compositions
• Using shutter speed for aesthetics in water flow
Recommended Trip Length:
3 (minimum) to 14 days
Cortez, Telluride, Ridgway, Ourray, Silverton, Lake City, Creede, South Fork, Pagosa Springs, Bayfield or Chama (NM)
Completely flexible. We can do minimal hiking, have a short to moderate trips, or pursue longer day hikes and overnight excursions as well. Spending one or two days acclimating to altitude above 8500 feet strongly recommended.
Details, Details, Details...
Please contact me prior to paying a deposit to discuss the following:
- Confirm availability for your selected start date
- Arrange additional transportation from either Phoenix or Payson (extra fee per person)
- If you'd like to pay via personal check or money order
- Interested in a private group tour of more than 3 persons
- If you have any specific concerns about equipment, physical ability, or health related issues
Deposit, Cancellation and Refund Policies
- Security deposit to be determined based on length of the tour ($50 for 1/2 or whole day, $150 for multiple day trips)
- Deposits are fully refundable (less a $35 administration fee) 90 or more days prior to the start of the tour
- Refunds to be issued within 21 days
- Deposits are non-refundable less than 90 days before the start of the tour
- Remaining balance due 45 days before the designated start date
- If a cancellation occurs within 30 days before the designated start date, full cost of the tour is retained
- If cancellation occurs all owed and paid fees can be transferred (at no extra charge) to the cost of an additional tour to be used within one calendar year (one time only)