Services: Custom Landscape Photography Tours: Sonoran Desert Photography Tour
The star attraction of the Sonoran Desert is the saguaro, Arizona's world famous regal and elder statesman of the desert. These charming cacti bring personality and order to the chaotic and often overwhelming scenery that makes up many of Arizona's Lower Sonoran desert ecosystems. Two of the best places to see the saguaro are Saguaro National Park just outside of Tucson and the Superstition Mountains east of Phoenix. The 160,000 acres of land that make up the Superstition Mountains are home to a number of classic and iconic peaks that define the range's character and charm. From Weaver's Needle to Flatiron Peak, this tour is open to exploring the biggest and best scenery in the Superstitions, whatever your fitness level may be, including the biggest saguaro in the world!
November through early March are the times when temperatures are most ideal. December is the coldest month of the year.
What We'll Focus On:
We can focus on whatever it is you want. Some possible suggestions are:
• Developing pleasing compositions in the desert
• Technical aspects of landscape photography including: aperture selection, bracketing, and shooting panoramas
• Focus blending for extended depth of field
• Night time photography
Recommended Trip Length:
1/2 day to 3 days maximum
Phoenix metropolitan area or Apache Junction, AZ
Completely flexible. We can do minimal hiking, have a short to moderate venture in the wilderness, or pursue longer day hikes or overnight trips to access some of the more remote features of the wilderness.
Details, Details, Details...
Please contact me prior to paying a deposit to discuss the following:
- Confirm availibility for your selected start date
- Arrange additional transportation from either Phoenix or Payson (extra fee per person)
- If you'd like to pay via personal check or money order
- Interested in a private group tour of more than 3 persons
- If you have any specific concerns about equipment, physical ability, or health related issues
Deposit, Cancellation and Refund Policies
- Security deposit to be determined based on length of the tour ($50 for 1/2 or whole day, $150 for multiple day trips)
- Deposits are fully refundable (less a $35 administration fee) 90 or more days prior to the start of the tour
- Refunds to be issued within 21 days
- Deposts are non-refundable less than 90 days before the start of the tour
- Remaining balance due 45 days before the designated start date
- If a cancellation occurs within 30 days before the designated start date, full cost of the tour is retained
- If cancellation occurs all owed and paid fees can be transferred (at no extra charge) to the cost of an additional tour to be used within one calendar year (one time only)